sábado, 12 de febrero de 2011

FINAL REFLECTION




This image tells a lot about my feelings during this course. I saw it like a BIG WAVE coming onto me. Sometimes I flet so scared of not being able to go over it, under it, not even through it that... I needed to swim back to the shore and wait for smaller waves. Take a deep breath and try to dive again.
I can´t say that I feel like a successfull expert surfer but I have to say that I have learn a lot, I,m no as scared as I was before and.... I learnt that in order to surf the big waves we have to train a lot.
At the beginning it was pretty difficult for me to go form one activity to the next one, get back to the email, forum ( I took my a while to find out how did I get there, I asked myself: what did I click yesterday to be able to see it?), activities to be done, then back to the tutorials, my coleagues bloggs... Sometimes I went from one page to another forgetting where was the last thing I read... There were so many interesting things to read, a lot of ideas coming to my mind at the same time, then a phone call, my kids, a lot of other family matters to attend, the flue, ...... crizy rhythm!!! My sentence for the last 2 months has been: I buy time!, I need more time to do all the things I have started!!!
This has been the first time I have done an online course, that's why I got lost, I guess. I liked all the topics: the use of audacity and how to get the sound so easily in internet has been such a discover!! It's been really easy and such a useful tool. I thinks it´s the first thing I'm going to experience with my students. I think they will be delighted and very motivated whenever we start reading the stories of new Units.
I liked "Treasure Hunt" but it will take me time to prepare a good one; it.s not just the topic, the evaluation is something that should be done properly.....
WIKI. Now I will remember what it is becauuse I have done one and I see that in a future, when our students' ICT knowledge improves a bit, it will be very useful and motivating.
I'm looking forward to get through animotos tutorials and get my activities done.

I'm happy that now I can move through my blogg easier, at the begining I did´t know how to edit what I did, I didn't know I could make changes.... I like the idea of getting my coleagues bloggs addres in mine, it makes easier to go form one to another. I copied some other ideas form my coleagues like: interesting links( dictionaries, web pages...)
It's been a pleasure

USEFUL AND INTERESTING ACTIVITIES.

I found all the activities very interesting and pretty useful.

The blog: it's a nice digital notebook to keep record of everything in an organized way. A good way to communicate with our students and the rest of the school community. You just need to give a time in our week-schedule and keep on practicing.. It opens a new world to all of us, we can learn so much form our colleagues ! The only disadvantage or weak point i would be the time you can spend on it, it can capture you for a long long period of time.

Treasure hunts useful too. Easy to adapt to our youngest students. Perfect to work individually or in groups.
Wiki: allowing communication between peers, great tool too.

Podcasting: just great! Maybe the way to get our students have a better pronunciation if we keep giving them good patterns to copy from.

Video. I just have done my first animoto. I think 3rd cycle primary students can do their own videos and they would be delighted.

I loved all the interesting web pages you show us. For sure I will use a lot; I liked the Quiz maker. I don´t know if I will be able to do one now ( I tried with without success) anyway the quizzes I saw are so good that I just can go ahead using them and if my students like it I can try making new ones using the music they like...,

DIFFICULTIES.

The main difficulty of this course was to find time to be in front of the computer longer than 20 minutes in a row. I had difficulties moving around the campus spiral page too ( it took me a time to see how to go form the tutorials to the forum, to the other bloggers... but in the end I catched all that process)

I haven't interact too much with my peers because I was far behind them but I look at their bloggs and I learnt a lot from them too. It's been a good help, really

Now I see myself as a teacher willing to use more ICT in her classes, and with much more knowledge than when I started this course.

1 comentario:

  1. Bravo Elena!!:)
    My heartfelt congratulations on your persistance and courage!! You raced through the activities in a very fast speed, with passion and eagerness to learn. Hope you enjoy practicing all these tools in class and let me know about your success!
    A big hug and the adventure has just begun!!
    S

    ResponderEliminar